We are PriceWhirl Inc., registered in Barbados with our registered office at #25 Grazettes Terrace, St. Michael Barbados (and we refer to ourselves as “PriceWhirl”, “we” or “us” or “our” in this document).
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We ask that you please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we, as data controller of your personal data, will treat it.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully.
B. The Information We Collect
Data we collect from you directly
When you register to use the Site we will ask for the following information: your name, email address, password, IP address and postcode. We may also ask you to provide your age, your phone number, your street address and possibly certain other personal details such as gender or where you heard about us.
Data we collect from your activity on the Site
As you use the Site and personalise your account, we collect data about your activity on the Site. This includes things like:
• Information on what you buy and how you use the Site, such as:
• Information about your current location (for users of any PriceWhirl app). You may opt out of having this data collected at any time by managing your smartphone location services settings;
• Other Information related to your use of the Service;
• Other information related to your activity, such as which website referred you to us;
C. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the personal data we collect to provide the Services, to customise and improve your PriceWhirl experience, to make your experience as enjoyable and efficient as possible and for commercial purposes.
Use of Information to provide the Service
Certain information is required for the Services, or certain features of the Services, to operate.
Here are some specific examples of information used to provide the Services.
? Your email address and password allows us to recognise you when you return so that we can provide you with a faster service and a personal user account.
? Your physical address allows us to identify which Retailer deliver to your area and if you qualify for same day delivery.
? We use your IP address to prevent any spam, fraud or abuse of our site.
? We use your login data for PriceWhirl to allow you to place an order and book a delivery slot with one of the retailers.
When you place an order from one of the PriceWhirl Partners, we will ask you for your full name, your telephone number and address and shipping addresses. On subsequent purchases, we may pre-populate these fields for you with the information previously provided. You always have the opportunity to amend any fields that we pre-populate at the point of purchase.
We want your shopping experience on PriceWhirl to be as enjoyable as possible. We will collect the data about your shopping activities and preferences to customize your account (in addition to how you customize it yourself) and to enable us to provide an efficient and user-friendly service. We will also use it to improve the quality of the site.
Here are some specific examples of how we use your data:
• We keep a record of the contents of your baskets of goods between shopping sessions. This allows you to continue shopping sessions that you may have stopped midway with no need to add again all the items that you already placed in your basket.
• We keep details of purchases from any of our Partners, and we make this information available to you via our Site for your review and record-keeping purposes.
• We may keep a record of certain of your preferences such as sorting order of items and the last category you accessed, so you don’t need to reset these preferences every time you start shopping.
• We keep a record of your login details for the PriceWhirl to make it faster for you to place orders or book delivery slots in the future so that you do not continually have to re-enter such details.
• Paying attention to how you use the Site help us to develop improvements to the Site and the Services.
• We collect and track individual and aggregate information about shopping habits, products and service preferences and selections which users have made and the like. We use this information for the personalization or general improvement of the Services, but also for the purpose of business research. You can see more about aggregate information below.
• We collect and track individual and aggregate connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform; other software and hardware information and the like. We use this information to understand how and when our users access our services, and so we can further develop our Site and Services to suit.
Use of Information for Commercial Purposes
Other than Retailers, PriceWhirl does not charge users for use of the Sites. We may earn revenues through sources including advertising sales, including online behavioral advertising.
Here is how your information is used for this:
• We use information about your activity on our site, including information about your current location when using the App, in order to present you with targeted advertising—that is, product information, offers and promotions that we think may be interesting to you and that you might like. Without targeting, you will still see advertisements; they are just less likely to be relevant.
• We collect and may display or use for the purposes of marketing and advertising the Site, Services or ourselves, any testimonials you provide us with about the Sites, the Services or ourselves – and we may append to the testimonial your first name (but not your surname) and general geographic location (e.g. City or locale).
Use of Your Email Address
We use your email address to communicate with you. Some of these are service emails and are so we can communicate with you about Site updates or your activity on the Site. For instance, we may send you service emails:
• after registration for the Services, notifying you of your registration details;
• after you have made a purchase on PriceWhirl, to confirm the order and update you on the status of the order and its delivery;
• to send you information which you have asked for; and
• to contact you about the status of ratings or reviews you have submitted using our Services.
In addition, from time to time we may email you marketing emails with Site news and updates or details of sales offers or promotions. These may be marketing for the Site itself or on behalf of third parties. We may also contact you for market research purposes, either for commercial purposes or so we can get feedback about the Site.
Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or users, from which individual user identities have been removed and from which it is not possible to work out individual customer identities. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but all such information will be anonymized and no identifying information will be included in the resulting data.
Aggregate data helps us to understand trends and customer needs so that new products and services can be considered and so that existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires.
D. Payment Information
Users wishing to complete a purchase on PriceWhirl must provide credit or Visa debit card information. PriceWhirl receives secure credit and debit card acceptance services through a payment processer.
Users: the third-party payment processers will not store your credit card details for use by you in future transactions.
Currently, PriceWhirl receives credit card acceptance services from Stripe.
For more information, please see Stripe’s privacy policies.
E. Security Measures
All of the information we collect about you is stored on our secure servers and will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy. For example, we use secure encryption to hold passwords (e.g. the password allocated as part of the registration process – which may later be changed)
G. Data Sharing
There are a number of instances in which PriceWhirl may share your personal information. This may be in order to allow us to operate the Site, for corporate or statutory purposes or as part of a partnership with a third party
• We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it and engage in another similar corporate transaction.
• We will share personal information where we are required to share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
H. Obtaining Your Personal Information
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please note that we will need to see proof of identity before processing your request and that there may be an administrative fee for this. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly.
Please direct your inquiries to:
PriceWhirl ATTN: Admin, #25 Grazettes terrace St. Michael Barbados Admin@PriceWhirl.com